Summer in the city
Vienna offers a wide range of activities for locals and city visitors during the summertime.
Numerous restaurants - especially at the Danube Canal - offer the perfect place to relax. Taking a boat ride with a picnic basket on the Old Danube and take a refreshing dip in the water – that´s what hot summer days in Vienna look like. Then an ice cream? Tips can be found here.
Culture lovers will find a verie program at the Filmfestival. Spending evenings with nice weather at the town hall square from June 29th to September 1st. Culinary specialties from all over the world, can also be tasted here.
Sand in the City offers every year holiday atmosphere in the middle of the city. An incomparable flair, consisting of an interplay between gastronomy, sand, palm trees, live acts, DJ's, beach volleyball and much more.
Another highlight of Vienna is the Donauinselfest:
From 21 to 23 June, 2019 it is celebrated on the so called „Donauinsel“, it is the largest open-air festival in Europe, with free admission. Countless international acts will entertain the entire Danube island. You can find more information here.
Africa Days 2019 offer a colorful program again this year from August 9 to 26 on Danube Island.
With its 250 years, the Tiergarten Schönbrunn is one of the oldest zoos in the world. On hot summer days, the animals can be watched with a cool ice cream.
Summer in Vienna - what are you waiting for?
Here you can find more events and information.
Event visit in Vienna
Combine your city trip to Vienna with an event visit in a special atmosphere and spare yourself the long journey home, by booking one or several nights in our Smart Apart Living.
"Vienna is different" - in addition to numerous historic places, Vienna also offers venues for many events. These range from classic music from the Vienna Philharmonic to various pop and rock festivals as well as sport events. That is why many fans and supporters of these festivals like to spend their time with fans all over the world in Vienna.
Austria's capital is offering the opportunity to combine the historic city tour with an event visit.
Here is an overview of the highlights:
- On 19th and 20th of July 2019, the Prater Festival takes place and offers its visitors a great DJ line-up on stage at the new Calafatiplatz, a colorful children's program and giant fireworks as a highlight (free admission)
- P!NK arrives at Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium on July 24, 2019 as part of their "Beautiful Trauma World Tour".
- From July 25 – July 28, 2019, the Vienna Popfest will take place at Karlsplatz. With free admission, around 70 local acts will perform on ten stages.
- 27.07.2019: The Radio Wien-Lichterfest on the Alte Donau in Vienna has been considered a real crowdpleaser for years. In case of bad weather, the event will be postponed once to Saturday, 3rd August 2019.
- June 27 – Aug 28, 2019, the Ottakringer Braukultur weeks take place. You can expect live acts, street food and lots of fresh beer from 20 breweries from all over the world.
- Filmfestival Vienna´s City Hall Square/Culture and cuisine: Current Top Productions and classics of music, opera and dance will be shown from June 29th to September 1st, 2019, in front of the impressive backdrop of the Vienna City hall.
- Jul 31- Aug 4, 2019: The 2019 Vienna Major will be in the Austrian capital, Vienna (danube island). Don't miss this exciting beach volleyball event!
- August 16, 2019 Metallica - Finally back on tour, don't miss their concert live at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna.
- Andreas Gabalier - 10 year anniversary concert at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna on 31st of August 2019.
- September 2019: Live Opera on the Square – Selected performances are being broadcast on Herbert von-Karajan-Platz, next to the State Opera House. Upcoming Events
- On September 3rd 2019, multi-platinum artist Ariana Grande will perform at Stadthalle in Vienna as part of her "Sweetener" World Tour.
- Herbert Grönemeyer and his band will be performing live in Austria again in 2019 - on September 12th (Wiener Stadthalle).
- Michael Bublè - The multiple Grammy and Echo winner finally returns to the stage in September with his long-awaited, eighth studio album "love" - on September 21, 2019 in the Wiener Stadthalle.
- Good mood, dancing on the tables and pretty dirndls are on the Vienna Oktoberfest from September 26 until October 13th 2019 guaranteed.
Even musical fans will not miss out on their visit to Vienna. In 2019 numerous shows will take place in Vienna (for example: I am from Austria; Bodyguard; Mamma Mia!; Jesus Christ Superstar, Heidi). Information can be found here.
Here you can find more events and information.
Thanks to our excellent location and public transport connections, you will be able to return to your apartment without any problems after the event you are visiting.
Even the late arrival is possible by our self-check-in at any time of the day (on the day of arrival starting at 2pm in the afternoon).
For information on how to get there, go to "location", in the factbox click on "Directions" to get details.
City break in Vienna in late summer and autumn
Do you love autumn? In Vienna there are countless possibilities to capture the last rays of sunshine before winter. Book your stay at the Smart Apart Living now and look forward to the golden autumn!
Get some inspiration from our suggestions: outdoor activities, great outdoor events or a colorful cultural program - there is something for everyone!
From 6th until 8th of September international performing artists will meet again at Karlsplatz and show off their skills at the Buskers Festival, street art with free entry: clowns, juggling and acrobatics, Graffiti, various styles of music, dance and performance art, object theatre and improvisational theatre, as well as fire-eating.
Exploring Architecture: On September 14th & 15th 2019 Vienna's most exciting buildings open for you and completely new sides of the city can be explored!
The visit of the Octoberfest called „Wiener Wiesn Fest“, Austria’s largest traditional customs & folk music festival should not be missed. Location: Vienna Prater – Kaiserwiese, from 26th of September to 13th of October 2019. Great entertainment is guaranteed.
At the top of the Kahlenberg a great view over Vienna is guaranteed. If you are looking for a perfect outdoor adventure day, this is the place to go. Kahlenberg World of Adventure: Enjoy your climbing adventure at the forest rope park in the Wienerwald Biosphere Reserve or try the 3D archery course with bow and arrow.
On the 28th and 29th of September Vienna Wine Hiking Day, you can enjoy Vienna's unique vineyards along with wine tastings on three different routes.
Hiking in and around Vienna is possible due to well signed Vienna city hiking trails and can be reached by public transportation. You will get to enjoy attractive viewpoints in the Vienna Woods on the edge of the city or Vienna’s local recreation areas.
Finally, you can end the day in one of the Viennese guest gardens to enjoy the last rays of the sun. Here you will find the most beautiful guest gardens.