Spring Awakening in Vienna
Vienna named most liveable city for the tenth time! This city simply scores with its endless range of cultural and leisure activities. Escape the spring fatigue with a city trip to Vienna!
Viennese Prater: spring awakening in the amusement park and its restaurants.
The season opening on March 15th of the famous restaurant Schweizerhaus will take place for the 99th time this year - enjoy live music and the first Stelzen (meat dish) of the year.
Fun and action is guaranteed in the Viennese Wurstelprater. New attractions offer unforgettable adventures for all ages. The Calafatiplatz will also be completely redesigned by the end of March. Various events such as the Easterfestival from March 24th to April 1st, the festival on May 1st , and the Prater Festival in July, for example, should not be missed.
For all active people, Vienna has a large network of cycle paths, the various cycle routes lead you to many places of interest. The bike rental at one of the over 120 CityBike stations requires only a few clicks. You can find a price overview and details here.
Inspiration and more information about the Green spaces and recreation areas can be found here.
And if you're planning a picnic or desire to enjoy a great breakfast, you're just a few minutes' walk away from the Helmut Zilk Park.
The bakery called DerMann offers with its location there a unique atmosphere. In addition to baked goods and sweet pastry, breakfast, snacks, soups, salads, drinks and small hot meals are also available. Opening hours are Monday - Friday from 7.00 am - 7.00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8.00 am - 7.00 pm.
Information on how to get to Smart Apart Living can be found here in the factbox under “Directions”. Even late arrivals are easily possible through our self-service-check-in-terminal at any time of the day or night (check-in is possible from 2 pm on the day of arrival).
Events in Vienna
Combine your city trip to Vienna with an event visit in a special atmosphere and spare yourself the long journey home, by booking one or several nights in our Smart Apart Living.
"Vienna is different" - in addition to numerous historic places, Vienna also offers venues for many events. These range from classic music from the Vienna Philharmonic to various pop and rock festivals as well as sport events. That is why many fans and supporters of these festivals like to spend their time with fans all over the world in Vienna.
Austria's capital is offering the opportunity to combine the historic city tour with an event visit.
Here is an overview of the highlights:
- Herbert Grönemeyer and his band will be performing live in Austria again in 2019 - on March 22nd and on September 12th (Wiener Stadthalle).
- April/May/June/September 2019: Live Opera on the Square – Selected performances are being broadcast on Herbert von-Karajan-Platz, next to the State Opera House. Upcoming Events
- Sightseeing and marathon along the most beautiful sights in Vienna? The Vienna City Marathon, Austria's biggest sporting event, guarantees it on April 7, 2019.
- From 11th until 14th of April 2019, the annual Steiermarkdorf opens its doors at Vienna´s City Hall Square.
- The Italian superstar Eros Ramazzotti is going on a world tour in 2019 with his new album "Vita Ce N'é". On 15th of April 2019 fans can enjoy his concert in the location Stadthalle.
- Every spring, the Wiener Stadtpark turns into a gourmet paradise: It is worth visiting the Genussfestival in the Stadtpark from May 10th to 12th 2019.
- The „Wiener Festwochen“ 2019 will take place from May 10 to June 16.
- The Austrian band Bilderbuch holds an open-air concert on May 24th, 2019 in front of the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace.
- 24th until 26th of May 2019: Donaukanaltreiben, a festival at the promenade waterfront oft he Danube between Spittelau and Franzensbrücke offers a colorful cultural program with concerts, cabarets, cuisine etc.
- On June 2nd 2019, Phil Collins returns to Austria on his "Still Not Dead Yet Live" tour - to the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna.
- Vienna was chosen as the host of EuroPride 2019, the motto is "Visions of Pride" and many visitors are expected to attend this event from 1st to 16th June 2019. The rainbow parade takes place on June 15th of 2019.
- 8th of June 2019: The Life Ball is one of the biggest AIDS charity events in the world and an internationally unique ball with extraordinary performances. Its theme this year “United in Diversity. Walking on the yellow brick road towards an end to AIDS.”
- Experience the traditional Summer Night Concert in Schönbrunn by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra with conductor Gustavo Dudamel and enjoy music at the highest level in front of the dream setting of Schönbrunn; save the date June 20, 2019 (free admission).
- 21th until 23rd of June 2019: The Danube Island Festival is an open-air music festival with free admission and takes place at the Danube Island each year with many top-acts.
- Jazz Fest Vienna from June 24 – July 10, 2019: The most beautiful venues in Vienna become jazz stages in the summer. Upcoming Events
- Filmfestival Vienna´s City Hall Square/Culture and cuisine: Current Top Productions and classics of music, opera and dance will be shown from from June 29th to September 1st, 2019, in front of the impressive backdrop of the Vienna City hall.
- On July 17, 2019 Bon Jovi will perform at the Ernst-Happel-Stadion in Vienna with their current album "This House Is Not For Sale".
- P!NK arrives at Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium on July 24, 2019 as part of their "Beautiful Trauma World Tour".
- Jul 31- Aug 4, 2019: The 2019 Vienna Major will be in the Austrian capital, Vienna (danube island). Don't miss this exciting beach volleyball event!
- August 16, 2019 Metallica - Finally back on tour, don't miss their concert live at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna.
- Andreas Gabalier - 10 year anniversary concert at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna on 31st of August 2019.
- On September 3rd 2019, multi-platinum artist Ariana Grande will perform at Stadthalle in Vienna as part of her "Sweetener" World Tour.
- Michael Bublè - The multiple Grammy and Echo winner finally returns to the stage in September with his long-awaited, eighth studio album "love" - on September 21, 2019 in the Wiener Stadthalle.
- Good mood, dancing on the tables and pretty dirndls are on the Vienna Oktoberfest from September 26 until October 13th 2019 guaranteed.
Even musical fans will not miss out on their visit to Vienna. In 2019 numerous shows will take place in Vienna (for example: I am from Austria; Bodyguard; Mamma Mia!; Jesus Christ Superstar, Heidi). Information can be found here.
Here you can find more events and information.
Thanks to our excellent location and public transport connections, you will be able to return to your apartment without any problems after the event you are visiting.
Even the late arrival is possible by our self-check-in at any time of the day (on the day of arrival starting at 2pm in the afternoon).
For information on how to get there, go to "location", in the factbox click on "Directions" to get details.
Summer in the city
Vienna offers a wide range of activities for locals and city visitors during the summertime.
Numerous restaurants - especially at the Danube Canal - offer the perfect place to relax. Taking a boat ride with a picnic basket on the Old Danube and take a refreshing dip in the water – that´s what hot summer days in Vienna look like. Then an ice cream? Tips can be found here.
Culture lovers will find a verie program at the Filmfestival. Spending evenings with nice weather at the town hall square from June 29th to September 1st. Culinary specialties from all over the world, can also be tasted here.
Sand in the City offers every year holiday atmosphere in the middle of the city. An incomparable flair, consisting of an interplay between gastronomy, sand, palm trees, live acts, DJ's, beach volleyball and much more.
Another highlight of Vienna is the Donauinselfest:
From 21 to 23 June, 2019 it is celebrated on the so called „Donauinsel“, it is the largest open-air festival in Europe, with free admission. Countless international acts will entertain the entire Danube island. You can find more information here.
Africa Days 2019 offer a colorful program again this year from August 9 to 26 on Danube Island.
With its 250 years, the Tiergarten Schönbrunn is one of the oldest zoos in the world. On hot summer days, the animals can be watched with a cool ice cream.
Summer in Vienna - what are you waiting for?
Here you can find more events and information.