Nature and art in Autumn
Do you love autumn? In Vienna there are countless possibilities to capture the last rays of sunshine before winter. Book your stay at the Aparthotel Smart Apart Living now and look forward to enjoy great activities in-and outdoors!
Get some inspiration from our suggestions: outdoor activities, great events or a unique cultural program - there is something for everyone!
At the top of the Kahlenberg a great view over Vienna is guaranteed. If you are looking for a perfect outdoor adventure day, this is the place to go. Kahlenberg World of Adventure: Enjoy your climbing adventure at the forest rope park in the Wienerwald Biosphere Reserve or try the 3D archery course with bow and arrow.
Hiking in and around Vienna is possible due to well signed Vienna city hiking trails and can be reached by public transportation. You will get to enjoy attractive viewpoints in the Vienna Woods on the edge of the city or Vienna’s local recreation areas.
Cold, gray autumn days are perfect for leisure activities indoors. Current exhibitions at locations like Albertina, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Leopold Museum, Bank Austria Kunstforum or MAK are a must for any art-loving visitor. Right "around the corner" of our Aparthotel you will find the former Anker Bread Factory, which now focuses on numerous institutions for contemporary art.
The Vienna Art Week in November offers with many exhibitions, lectures and studio visits a real Mecca for art lovers.
You may also be interested in one of these festivals in the fall in Vienna, for example "Wien Modern" from 28th of Oct until 30th of Nov 2019. or you enjoy Jazz & Blues tunes at the Vienna Jazzfloor Festival in November.
Event visit in Vienna
Combine your city trip to Vienna with an event visit in a special atmosphere and spare yourself the long journey home, by booking one or several nights in our Smart Apart Living.
"Vienna is different" - in addition to numerous historic places, Vienna also offers venues for many events. These range from classic music from the Vienna Philharmonic to various pop and rock festivals as well as sport events. That is why many fans and supporters of these festivals like to spend their time with fans all over the world in Vienna.
Austria's capital is offering the opportunity to combine the historic city tour with an event visit.
Here is an overview of the highlights:
- On 19th and 20th of July 2019, the Prater Festival takes place and offers its visitors a great DJ line-up on stage at the new Calafatiplatz, a colorful children's program and giant fireworks as a highlight (free admission)
- P!NK arrives at Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium on July 24, 2019 as part of their "Beautiful Trauma World Tour".
- From July 25 – July 28, 2019, the Vienna Popfest will take place at Karlsplatz. With free admission, around 70 local acts will perform on ten stages.
- 27.07.2019: The Radio Wien-Lichterfest on the Alte Donau in Vienna has been considered a real crowdpleaser for years. In case of bad weather, the event will be postponed once to Saturday, 3rd August 2019.
- June 27 – Aug 28, 2019, the Ottakringer Braukultur weeks take place. You can expect live acts, street food and lots of fresh beer from 20 breweries from all over the world.
- Filmfestival Vienna´s City Hall Square/Culture and cuisine: Current Top Productions and classics of music, opera and dance will be shown from June 29th to September 1st, 2019, in front of the impressive backdrop of the Vienna City hall.
- Jul 31- Aug 4, 2019: The 2019 Vienna Major will be in the Austrian capital, Vienna (danube island). Don't miss this exciting beach volleyball event!
- August 16, 2019 Metallica - Finally back on tour, don't miss their concert live at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna.
- Andreas Gabalier - 10 year anniversary concert at the Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna on 31st of August 2019.
- September 2019: Live Opera on the Square – Selected performances are being broadcast on Herbert von-Karajan-Platz, next to the State Opera House. Upcoming Events
- On September 3rd 2019, multi-platinum artist Ariana Grande will perform at Stadthalle in Vienna as part of her "Sweetener" World Tour.
- Herbert Grönemeyer and his band will be performing live in Austria again in 2019 - on September 12th (Wiener Stadthalle).
- Michael Bublè - The multiple Grammy and Echo winner finally returns to the stage in September with his long-awaited, eighth studio album "love" - on September 21, 2019 in the Wiener Stadthalle.
- Good mood, dancing on the tables and pretty dirndls are on the Vienna Oktoberfest from September 26 until October 13th 2019 guaranteed.
Even musical fans will not miss out on their visit to Vienna. In 2019 numerous shows will take place in Vienna (for example: I am from Austria; Bodyguard; Mamma Mia!; Jesus Christ Superstar, Heidi). Information can be found here.
Here you can find more events and information.
Thanks to our excellent location and public transport connections, you will be able to return to your apartment without any problems after the event you are visiting.
Even the late arrival is possible by our self-check-in at any time of the day (on the day of arrival starting at 2pm in the afternoon).
For information on how to get there, go to "location", in the factbox click on "Directions" to get details.
Winter Magic in Vienna
A city break in winter definitely has its advantages. Discover romantic Vienna and enjoy a break!
Vienna offers a variety of highlights during the cold season:
From mid-November you can experience a wonderful ambience with countless lights in Vienna's old town and shopping streets. Enjoy crafts and culinary delights at the Christmas World, the traditional Christkindlmarkt on Rathausplatz (City Hall Square) or at the Christmas Village on Maria-Theresien-Platz, Christmas Market on Spittelberg, the Art Advent on Karlsplatz or in front of Schönbrunn Palace. You will certainly find a pre-Christmas atmosphere at the Old Viennese Christmas Market on Freyung in the city center.
Music lovers can enjoy festive Advent concerts, gospel evenings or the gala "Christmas in Vienna". Here can you find a selection of the musical Advent.
A unique experience is the Vienna Ice World. From January 22nd to March 1st 2020, the entire Rathausplatz turns into a huge ice rink and becomes a paradise for ice skaters of all ages. During this time the City Hall Park is a magical ice path that thrills beginners and professionals alike with its countless routes and the beautifully illuminated facade of the town hall forms a fairy-tale setting. It is best to check the website for the latest opening hours, as from November 15, ice skating should already be possible at the small ice rink.
From January 29th til February 9th of 2020 the eventlocation Wiener Stadthalle opens its doors again for spectators who are fascinated by pure entertainment on ice: Holiday on Ice-Showtime offers a perfect show experience and you shouldn't miss that.
Should you long for relaxation after all these activities then Europe’s biggest and most modern city spa lets your wellness dreams come true! Therme Wien, Vienna’s thermal baths, can be reached directly and quickly from our Smart Apart Living with subway line U1. Look for the After-Work-Ticket and enjoy a possibility for soothing breaks in between. Further information can be found here.
Even late arrivals are easily possible through our self-service-check-in-terminal at any time of the day or night (check-in is possible from 2 pm on the day of arrival).
Information on how to get to Smart Apart Living can be found here in the Factbox under "Directions".