Event visit in Vienna
Combine your city trip to Vienna with an event visit in a special atmosphere and spare yourself the long journey home, by booking one or several nights in our Smart Apart Living.
"Vienna is different" - in addition to numerous historic places, Vienna also offers venues for many events. These range from classic music from the Vienna Philharmonic to various pop and rock festivals as well as sport events. That is why many fans and supporters of these festivals like to spend their time with fans all over the world in Vienna.
Austria's capital is offering the opportunity to combine the historic city tour with an event visit.
Here is an overview of the highlights:
PLEASE REFER TO THE RELEVANT WEBSITES FOR INFORMATION ON WHETHER EVENTS ARE TAKING PLACE OR FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT REPLACEMENT DATES.
- From October 25th until 31st, 2021 the Erste Bank Open will take place. The Vienna Tennis Spectacle (Wiener Stadthalle) you should not miss.
- You should not miss the concert of James Blunt „Once Upon A Mind Tour“ October 7, 2021 at Stadthalle Vienna.
- „Die Schlagernacht des Jahres“ features the Who is Who of the German Schlager scene and will take place at Wiener Stadthalle on November 13, 2021.
- Sunrise Avenue is now coming to Wiener Stadthalle on November 26th, 2021 as part of your “Thank You For Everything Tour”, this concert should not be missed.
- The concert "Metallica "S&M" Tribute Show with Symphony Orchestra" should take place on November 27, 2021.
- The appearance of Lords of the Sound on November 28, 2021 (Wiener Stadthalle) is much more than a concert - it is a real show!
- The legendary band Opus will come to the Wiener Stadthalle for the last time on December 16, 2021 as part of their Goodbye Tour.
- In January of 2022 the eventlocation Wiener Stadthalle opens its doors again for spectators who are fascinated by pure entertainment on ice: Holiday on Ice 2022- Supernova – a journey to the stars offers a perfect show experience and you shouldn't miss that. The audience can look forward to a fantastic journey from the earth to a distant galaxy and admire great costumes and a breathtaking choreography – that’s world-class figure skating.
- Hopefully, Pizzera & Jaus can really present their program „wer nicht fühlen will, muss hören“ on February 23rd, 24th and 25th 2022 (Stadthalle).
- The two Austropop musicians Markus Kadensky and Roman Messner named "Edmund" will come to the Wiener Stadthalle on April 16th as part of their "Leiwand" tour 2022.
Even musical fans will not miss out on their visit to Vienna. Enjoy a great musical evening watching productions like Cats, Miss Saigon (Premiere in autumn 2021) or others. Information can be found here.
Do not miss the open air performance of the successful musical Elisabeth on the grand forecourt of Schönbrunn Palace from July 1st – 3rd, 2021
Here you can find more events and information.
** As always stay safe and healthy! Your Smart Apart Living Team **
Recreational opportunities in Vienna
Vienna was named most liveable city several times already! This city simply scores with its endless range of cultural and leisure activities.
Perhaps there is something suitable for you in the following suggestions.
It doesn't matter whether you want to take a walk through a park, soak up healthy forest air or enjoy the sight of a sea of flowers in the beautiful gardens. Nature lovers will also find what they are looking for in a big city like Vienna. You can find a nice overview and inspiration about the Green spaces and recreation areas on the website of the Vienna Tourist Board.
Another place to go skating can be found near the city park and is called Wiener Eislaufverein and offers visitors until end of March (considering that the weather conditions allow it) the opportunity to relax and do their laps on the ice. You should find out all the important information online before heading there because the number of free spaces is continuously updated there.
At the top of the Kahlenberg a great view over Vienna is guaranteed. If you are looking for a perfect outdoor adventure day, this is the place to go. Kahlenberg World of Adventure: Enjoy your climbing adventure at the forest rope park in the Wienerwald Biosphere Reserve or try the 3D archery course with bow and arrow.
For all active people, Vienna has a large network of cycle paths, the various cycle routes lead you to many places of interest. Maybe you would also like to try out one of the seven mountain bike routes that lead into the Vienna Woods.
The bike rental at one of the over 120 CityBike stations requires only a few clicks. Alternatively, you will also find what you are looking for at the Main Train Station (Hauptbahnhof): „dieRadstation“ offers not only bike rental but also a service for example to fix a flat tire.
An excursion to the Lainz Game Reserve (Lainzer Tiergarten) is a great nature experience for the whole family. The children will love the forest playgrounds and will learn a lot of interesting facts about plants and animals at the forest and nature trail.
And if you're planning a picnic or desire to enjoy a great breakfast, you will find the oppoutunity to do so in the Helmut Zilk Park. The bakery called DerMann offers with its location there a unique atmosphere. In addition to baked goods and sweet pastry, breakfast, snacks, soups, salads, drinks and small hot meals are also available. Current opening hours can be found on their website.
** As always stay safe and healthy! Your Smart Apart Living Team**